NORTH RICHLAND HILLS- After a sweep of the Louisiana Drillers and an unexpected off the weekend the Brahmas are ready to take on Atlanta at Nytex.
Friday, January 25th, Saturday, January 26th and Sunday, January 27th the Brahmas will be facing off against the Atlanta Capitals. Puck drop for both Friday and Saturday’s game will be at 7:05pm. Sunday’s game will be a matinee with the puck dropping at 2:15pm.
All 3 games will be played at NYTEX Sports Centre and will be streamed on HockeyTV.
Things of Note…
- The last game the Texas Brahmas played was a series against the Louisiana Drillers. Two decisive victories extended the Brahmas win streak to 12 games. Strong goaltending from Thomas Held (77 saves over the course of the weekend) and 10 goals contributed to the Brahma wins.
- The Brahmas and Capitals were scheduled to play a series of games last weekend as well but they games were postponed to a later date that has yet to be announced.
- These two teams have met 5 times so far this season. Two of those games ended in regulation losses for the Brahmas (the Brahmas only two regulation losses all season). Two more resulted in regulation wins and one ended in a overtime win for the Brahmas.
- Atlanta is sitting in 4th place in the South currently. Tied with Mid Cities points wise at 40 points but with two more games played, they are 6-3-1 in their last 10. The Texas Brahmas remain first in the division but have fallen to 7th in the league because of how they trail in games played. They are undefeated in their last 10.
“I think all the guys hold each other accountable in the locker room. We all have the same goal, we want to win that Fraser Cup. So we’re all just coming in day and out and just putting in the best work we can. Try to get that end goal, we’ve worked so hard this year and we are not going to let up now.”
– Forward, Tyler Blanchard, on keeping momentum and motivation during the season.